This is an exciting and pivotal role working with a small, established team at a forward thinking rural business.
You need to be methodical, well organised, reliable and work well under pressure with an excellent knowledge of accounting practise. Although established for nearly three centuries Overbury is entering a very new and exciting phase. We have restructured our business and are growing and exploring new opportunities and need someone who can work with us to achieve our ambitious goals.
Although our businesses are long term the person organising finances needs to be able to create and maintain systems to analyse historical as well as real time data to show trends over time.
Be collaborative – develop a strong working relationship with trustees, management team, financial accountants and customers.
Keep and maintain a history of our financial business landscape/data
Experience working with computerised accounts packages, and ability to interrogate and analyse data. Must be able to adapt to the pace of change as online payments and digital software progress. Business has data historically in sage format but in the last year our systems have changed to Key/Landmark.
Display the ability to get data in and out of packages in the most efficient way for the best invoices and reporting.
Advanced Excel sheet user (Pivot tables)
CIMA or ACCA qualified
This is not an exhaustive list but key responsibilities would include:
· Preparation of annual accounts for all businesses
· Providing tax return information to external accounts
· Assisting the Estate Manager with the annual budgets
· Providing accurate and timely Management Accounts
· Attending and providing information for Trustees Meetings
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns
· Monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts
· Monthly Payroll using Sage Payroll & weekly payroll of beaters during the shooting season
· Maintaining the sales, purchase and nominal ledger and overseeing inputting
· Leading on the stock control within the building department
9am to 5:30pm with an hour for lunch (37.5 hour week)
21 days per annum plus bank holidays
In excess of £30k
To apply please send us your CV and covering letter.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying then please contact the Estate Manager, Michelle Boliver, on email@example.com or 01386 725111